Below are Non-GMO resources providing practical tips, tools, infographics, movies, books and other resources to keep you safe from GMO exposure.
GMO – noun – genetically modified organism: an organism or micro-organism whose genetic material has been manipulated by a non-natural means in order to incorporate genes from another organism.
- Organic Consumers Association – The OCA is a grassroots non-profit campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability. They provide a list of articles, books, and other GMO resources.
- Center for Food Safety (CFS) – A non-profit public interest environmental advocacy membership organization established for the purpose of challenging harmful food production technologies and promoting sustainable alternatives.
- The Institute for Responsible Technology is a world leader in educating policy makers and the public about genetically modified (GM) foods and crops. We investigate and report their risks and impact on health, environment, the economy, and agriculture, as well as the problems associated with current research, regulation, corporate practices, and reporting.
- Union of Concerned Scientists – The Union of Concerned Scientists combines independent scientific research and citizen action to develop innovative, practical solutions and to secure responsible changes in government policy, corporate practices, and consumer choices. They have a whole section of their website dedicated to genetically engineered crops.
- Label GMOs – The Committee for the Right to Know is a grassroots coalition of consumer, public health, environmental organizations, and food companies in California that is seeking the labeling of genetically engineered foods (GMOs).
- Just Label It – Help Just Label It reach ONE MILLION signatures in their petition to the FDA to label GMOs.
- Combat Monsanto The Citizen Interest Groupment is a coordination platform aiming to lead collective actions against Monsanto. Great resource to find up to date information on Monsanto’s controversial behaviors, Monsanto’s involvement in conflicts, and Victims’ reports.
- Failure to Yield a report that talks about how despite 20 years of research and 13 years of commercialization, genetic engineering has failed to significantly increase U.S. crop yields.
- Busting Myths About GMOs Ten commonly forwarded myths or ideologies about genetically-modified foods and the truth about their impact on the planet.
- Glyphosate-Based Herbicides Produce Teratogenic Effects on Vertebrates by Impairing Retinoic Acid Signaling – By Alejandra Paganelli, Victoria Gnazzo, Helena Acosta, Silvia L. López, and Andrés E. Carrasco. Chemical Research in Toxicology – May 2010.
- Roundup and Birth Defects. Is the Public Being Kept in the Dark? By Michael Antoniou, Mohamed Ezz El-Din Mostafa Habib, C. Vyvyan Howard, Richard C. Jennings, Carlo Leifert, Rubens Onofre Nodari, Claire Robinson, and John Fagan. Earth Open Source. June 2011.
- GM CROPS – JUST THE SCIENCE research documenting the limitations, risks, and alternatives.
- Seeds of Suicide – by Dr. Vandana Shiva.
- Dr. Mercola’s interview with Dr. Huber – Internationally renowned natural health physician and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola interviews Dr. Don M. Huber, one of the senior scientists in the U.S about area of science that relates to genetically modified organisms (GMO).
- GMO Trilogy – This explosive exposé reveals what the biotech industry doesn’t want you to know – how industry manipulation and political collusion, not sound science, allow dangerous genetically engineered food into your daily diet.
- Genetic Roulette – The Gamble of Our Lives – This seminal documentary provides compelling evidence to help explain the deteriorating health of Americans, especially among children, and offers a recipe for protecting ourselves and our future.
- Seeds of Freedom The film seeks to challenge the mantra that large-scale, industrial agriculture is the only means by which we can feed the world, promoted by the pro-GM lobby. In tracking the story of seed it becomes clear how corporate agenda has driven the takeover of seed in order to make vast profit and control of the food global system.
- GMO Film Project tells the story of a father’s discovery of GMOs through the symbolic act of poor Haitian farmers burning seeds in defiance of Monsanto’s gift of 475 tons of hybrid corn and vegetable seeds to Haiti shortly after the devastating earthquake of January 2010.
- The Future of Food The Future of Food has been a key tool in the American and international anti-GMO grassroots activist movements and played widely in the environmental and activist circuits since its release in 2004.
- The World According to Monsanto is a 2008 documentary film based on Marie-Monique Robin’s three-year long investigation into the US agricultural giant Monsanto corporation’s practices around the world.
- War on Health Gary Null’s documentary exposing the FDA.
If you liked this article, feel free to share it with friends and family.