If you’ve ever read a life-changing story, watched a mind-blowing video or experienced something so unreal for yourself that led you to a complete shift in awareness, we would like to offer you an opportunity to share it with the world.
We are looking for passionate people who want to help spread meaningful information, powerful truths, and personal development through the written word.
Topics on our website include alternative healing, philosophy, allopathic therapies, meditations practices, and healthy living approaches physically, mentally, and spiritually.
A note about spirituality: Spirituality is a broad concept with room for many perspectives. In general, it includes a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves, and it typically involves a search for meaning in life. As such, it is a universal human experience — something that touches us all deeply. People may describe a spiritual experience as sacred or transcendent or simply a deep sense of aliveness and interconnectedness.
What is Natural Revolution about?
Natural Revolution is a community of like-minded people who seek to improve their physical, mental and spiritual health and well-being, where they can come together and share what they’ve been through in life and what they’ve learned along the way.
Natural Revolution reaches a large audience of motivated readers and subscribers who are actively seeking tips and techniques to heal, grow as individuals, and improve their lives in every way possible.
The site has grown by leaps and bounds since 2012, in large part because of open-hearted contributors that have been generous in sharing their authentic voices, education, and unique points of view.
Why contribute to Natural Revolution?
1. Your post will get broad exposure, promoted to over 500,000+ readers to our website every year.
2. You’ll get an Author’s bio with a picture of you below your article where readers and subscribers can read about you and your passions.
3. You’ll get links included in your bio below each post of yours to promote books, courses, Facebook pages/groups, social media platforms, and other relevant products you’d like to promote.
Who can submit their work?
Anyone, of any age, from any location, can submit an original post (not previously published anywhere else, including your own site), with a bio, for inclusion on the site.
We welcome people who are willing to share themselves openly to inspire others from what they have learned, with no fluff, just writing succinctly about their experiences that they feel may help others from their gained knowledge and perspective.
We are not looking for writers that are simply seeking to build their writing portfolio, but rather, we’re looking for those who want to create work that speaks from their heart and offers insights to their learned experiences.
NOTE: It bears repeating that you read each Post Guideline which is a numbered below and that each requirement is fulfilled prior to submitting an article. Please do not send a suggested article topic prior to sending your submission. Also, we do not offer any type of link exchanges; all inquiries that do not adhere to the Post Guidelines will not be considered for inclusion on our website. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Aim for a word count between 1,500 and 3,000 words. More words don’t always equate to ‘better’ but keep in mind that Google is always looking for Cornerstone articles with a lot of quality content for higher page ranking and good SEO, so striving to go beyond the minimum 1,500 words should be considered for your article to stand out in Google searches.
- Should you require more than 3,000 words, your post will be considered if the content calls for further information.
- It’s important to share your insights, but the post will be equally powerful if you also share how you came to learn them.
- Offer practical tips to help readers overcome similar challenges. It doesn’t need to be a numbered list, but the story should build a clear message for readers.
- Choose a topic that is not related to parenting, religion, blogging, running an online business, writing or publishing a book, coaching, being or becoming a doctor or therapist, working as a motivational speaker, or money/entrepreneurship.
- Please avoid referencing your blog, coaching practice, book, or speaking career in the body of the post. You may work in the personal development, health or mental health fields, but your post should be more about what you have learned and your shared humanity.
- *Provide original content that has never been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published article.
- Keep paragraphs to three sentences or fewer for readability purposes. You can include as many links for citations and references as you’d like.
- Provide as many citations necessary from credible sources that link to your stated claims when writing about anything relating to research, studies, statistics, or topics that may require citation. Credible sources can include authors, doctors or experts in their field, peer-reviewed scientific journals and well-respected websites that cite their sources to credible sites. We steer away from any blog or website that has editorialized content.
- Please use the URL of the source for all citations embedded in the word/text or sentence, or you may also use “[Source]”, or you may use a numbered linked citation, i.e. (1), (2), , , etc., as a reference for our readers at the end of a sentence or paragraph.
- The article should contain a minimum of three subheadings. We encourage more subheadings if your article calls for it. This helps narrow down what each section of the article is about and allows the reader to scan through the article, if they so choose, to see a subheading, which is an H2 heading that stands out as larger bold text. It’s also a good SEO practice which search engines rely on.
- Reserve self-promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post).
- Include a minimum of one image, and up to five images if your article calls for it which will offer the reader a visual connection to what you’re writing about. Images provide value for the reader and make a visual impact beyond what words can do. We encourage you to find and use as many images necessary to include in your article.
- All images should have a “Photo credit” link where the image was sourced, which will be shown under each image. We prefer that you use a public domain image (free to use without a copyright) which can be found on Pixabay.com and other public domain image websites unless you have exclusive rights to freely use the image.
- Include a picture of yourself for your bio with a resolution size at a minimum of 300 pixels (any cell phone camera will suffice) and be either an attached .jpg or .png file in your email, separate from the attached article file.
- Please only submit articles that you have written yourself and not an article from a staff writer at your website or a client that has hired you for Public Relations.
- It is up to you to choose which topic to write about and the title of the article. Please refrain from sending an email asking which title or topic you believe the publisher would like. Again, it’s your call as to what topic and title will be; just be sure the content is valuable to the reader and follows ALL of these Post Guidelines prior to submitting your article.
*A note as to why we ask for original content which isn’t published elsewhere.
What constitutes a powerful post?
The most popular posts on Natural Revolution all have the following things in common:
- They probe into events that have touched their lives in a profound way and paint a vivid picture of a relatable life experience.
- It’s insightful and thought-provoking, enabling readers to understand themselves and the world on an intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual (non-religious) level.
- They’re practical and actionable, when appropriate. Not all posts need a list of things to do; in fact, some are more compelling without one. But when the topic justifies clear action steps, these posts are sure to make an impact.
How to submit your post
We cannot accept article submissions addressed to any other email than the one listed below.
- Send your post in plain text in a .doc .word or .rtf file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of your post in the subject line. Please only send one submission per email. Or if you prefer, you can send a link to the work you’ve written in Google Docs for editing and revision purposes.
- In your submission email to us, please include a photo of yourself in a separate file in the email which will be displayed next to your bio. Also, include a bio about what you would like people to know about you in 100 words or fewer. Your picture and bio will be located at the bottom of your article(s).
A few more things to consider
- If your post feels like a good fit for our site, you will receive a response within seven business days.
- You may be asked to revise the post to make it stronger or more clear as well as your proposed title before the post goes live. We will always let you know prior to any changes that may be necessary for readability purposes.
- Your post may be edited for clarity, grammar, and overall style. If there are any major changes made, you will be asked to review and approve it prior to it being published.
- We only publish articles with author’s who are willing to have their name, bio, and image to their work below their article in an author’s box. We do this because it allows the author to build rapport with the reader so they may have a better connection to what they’ve read. It also allows the author to build and develop recognition, as well as imparting a sense of integrity by standing behind their work that is published.
We appreciate you considering becoming a contributing author to Natural Revolution with the insight and knowledge you have and would like to share with others. It is our hope to build a working relationship with our author’s beyond just a singular article, and we would rather prefer to sustain an ongoing partnership that lasts well into the future.
If you are looking for an opportunity to become an author on our website please let us know — we’re excited and eager to work with new contributing authors who are passionate about sharing their knowledge with the world!
Owner, Senior Editor & Publisher of Natural Revolution