A drug test might be a big concern for people who need a negative result for their pre-employment or any other purposes.
However, do not be worried, there are many effective solutions, whether by taking detoxifying products or by using the natural ways.
Today, we will focus on the latter and reveal the 6 detox remedies that can naturally flush out unwanted metabolites. Let’s see them in detail.
THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the chemical substance produced by smoking marijuana and this is what the drug tests detect.
Besides, the weed can stay in our hair, saliva, urine, or blood much longer than you may think, and that all depends on the following factors:
- The duration of your consumption.
- The concentration and amount of marijuana consumed.
- Your body fat’s mass.
- Your metabolism rate.
- Your lifestyle
Moreover, another thing you should consider is the kind of test you will undertake. Here are the different test and their average time estimation:
- Blood test: 3-6 hours only after use.
- Saliva test: 1-3 days after use.
- Urine test: between 3 days to 1 month.
- Hair follicle test is the most effective and can detect THC even more than 90 days after consumption.
How to Naturally Flush Out THC Concentrations?
Apart from chemical detoxifying products, natural remedies are considered the most sustainable and the safest way to put your system in the clear zone before undergoing a drug test. Below, we have listed 6 effective methods that you can try out:
Healthy Dietary Habits
First and foremost, you have to change your dietary habits by selecting healthy food. Also, you must avoid high-sodium and fatty junk food, red meat, as well as sugar because these will cause slower metabolism which hinders the body’s detoxification ability.
As a consequence, you should consume a nutritious diet to fortify your body during the detox period. Here is an example list of healthy food that you should add to your meal:
- Leafy greens, like spinach and kale, are rich in iron and advantageous vitamins which can increase metabolism.
- High-fiber food such as peas, beans, wholegrain breakfast cereal, wholewheat bread, potatoes with skins, broccoli, carrot, etc.
- Plenty of fruits, for example, berries, bananas, oranges, figs, etc.
- Lean meat.
- Healthy fats, instead of saturated fats. We recommend fish and avocados.
Drinking a lot of water is the key. If you stay hydrated, your body will be more efficient in expelling the toxins and the water will assist the liver and kidney in the cleansing process.
However, do not misunderstand that drinking water will speed up the process. On the opposite side of things, excess fluid intake can cause your urine to dilute and lead to test failure. If you want to be sure, you might need to consult a doctor or a dietitian about the adequate amount of water you should take.
Best known as a natural detoxing agent, tea can surprisingly promote the marijuana detoxification process in a delicious way since it will activate your metabolism and can cleanse your liver. Also, green tea, black tea, or jasmine tea, contain a high % of antioxidants, electrolytes, vitamins, and other beneficial substances.
As THC concentrations usually take refuge in the body’s fat cells, overweight people or those who have a high BMI (Body Mass Index) will likely need more time for detoxification. Thus, it is important to work out regularly, whether cardio or weight training, to burn fat and to accelerate the detox process.
In addition, exercising can indeed boost your mood and, most importantly, decrease detectable toxins in your body as you sweat. Just push yourself to go to the gym at least 30 minutes a day and, you will never regret it!
Mental Health Improvement
During the detoxification process, you might be stressed and worried about the upcoming drug test. Anxiety and depression can become a danger to not only your health but also to your test results. For that reason, allow yourself to take some time for yourself, to relax and enjoy life. It is also advised to do some meditation, exercise, or yoga to help stabilize your mood and improve your overall mental health.
Last but not least, you must stop consuming drugs, alcoholic beverages, as well as smoking for a month or two, in order to avoid the increase of metabolites in your system.
Despite all reasons, we know that it can be a difficult time for chronic smokers. Below are some useful tips to help you beat cravings:
- Know your triggers and avoid them. They can be people whom you usually smoke with, events, places, or things that are normally linked to your drug use.
- Distract yourself by doing healthy activities, such as sports, music, reading, watching movies, etc.
- Stay busy with your work, studies, or hobbies.
- Spend time with your family and friends.
- Positively support yourself. You might participate in a group meeting and try to be surrounded by positive-thinking persons.
- In case you are not able to deal with craving alone, you should ask for help from a specialist and attend a therapy program.
All that said, no herbs or even chemicals can magically get rid of all impurities from your body in one night.
As a result, you should prepare your body for a drug test as soon as possible, and spend time taking good care of yourself. We believe that you can achieve anything you will undertake and ultimately pass your drug test. Good luck and stay healthy!